Sunday, December 04, 2005

Feng Shui Me This

This is an excerpt from the correspondance we have been having with one particular client who has been most receptive to our methods. It spans a period of a few months, and consists of phone calls, e-mails, letters & counter notes.
The client is "D.", the houseKeeper, "A."



Thanks for the possibility of joining in partnership with you in attacking the needs of my house. Right after you left I went to your website. Besides being a well put together site, your philosophy is 'spot on' (or should I say, "spotless on").
Sometimes we need a bit of help from others that can see with a clearer eye. Your ideas, thoughts, suggestions, and any other input you may have, will be always welcome.

Thanx once again for stopping by, and I await your call in the morning.

D.

...


...Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, but I just got back into town last night. I wanted to tell you that the house looked GREAT!
Thank you. I may have to consider this once a month.

I will be putting your payment in the mail today or tomorrow. Hope that is OK.

I'm passing your name on to anyone who asks.

Thanx again,

D.

-Thank you kindly for your good words.
How is Tuesday the 23rd, at 1:30pm?

A.

...


The house is yours.
I don't think that it's as bad a state as it was.
If you have any "Feng Shui" ideas, let me know.
Do you want to set a regular time/day each month, or get back to me towards the end of each month?

Thanx, again. Have a Happy & Warm Thanksgiving.

D.

...

Dear D.

As you stated in your note, your little place was indeed more alive than I had remembered it, and it did not take a whole lot of time to shine it up. I boldly stock the maid's cupboard with the essentials I needed to perform my labor, I hope you will agree with me.

As far as Feng Shui goes (I wanted to write a small note right then and there but chose otherwise, as the pen's ink bled its last drop) I would recommend we start with some clutter managemement. If this house were a boat, it would lists heavily to starboard (the office) and be dragging in the stern (the garbabe area). The Chi' is stale in those areas, draining the energy form the entire house down with it. I detect a desire for order, quickly overun by the emergencies of every new day.

With your permission, I would attack the rear while you slowly make your way through the piles that are building in the office. When all is level, we could then perform some deep clean starting with the kitchen (does a man need 32 mugs in his pocket-size galley?), through the bedroom, and thirdly, through the main living area, these being the main areas of concern to Feng Shui practitioners.

It is only once the house is purged of its basic troubles that remedies can be applied, for which a learned master should be called. This would be a worhwhile endeavor, and bit by bit, one step at a time (say, a cupboard/or a room/at a time) we would eventually free up the stagnation in your house, and quite likely in your life, please forgive my presumption.

Let me know how these ideas strike you,

Happy Thanksgiving, and blessings back to you,

Sincerely,

A.

...


Been carrying the bill around for a week now-and forgetting. Not today!
Place looked GREAT - AGAIN!
You're right about my office & the laundry room, believe it or not, the Office is SO much better than before. I'm working on it - will always accept help.
Let me know about your availability for late December.
Thanx Again
D.
...


Dear D.,

Thanks for taking the time to write that sweet note, and mailing the whole thing off sooner rather than later.
We'll be back on December 20th, to shine the little place up in time for the Holidays.
We'll attack the space one small battleground at a time, (a cupboard here, a closet there) and slowly help you conquer the clutter.
I did see a difference in the office, I suggest a visit to Ikea to help you visualize some permanent solutions to the box collection you are struggling with in that area.
We do have some truly zen houses on our route, I wish I could give you a tour and inspire you further in your detachment.

Visualize your hands, open and empty, ready to receive grace, from heaven, and the lovely stuff falling into it, and staying, because there is, at last, room enough to contain It.

Sincerely,

A.